|Return to the JAPANESE Archive||Forward to the Current JAPANESE discuss|
|Kagu Edogawa||Sunday 22nd of May 2005 04:44:06 AM|
|japanese vocabulary - i understand that there aren't many place to find japanese vocabulary, such as nouns, pronouns, adjectives , verbs etc. so can pople post such grammatical words on this topic... thank you
i will start off with a few basics
ikimasu - to go
daigu - tool( this one i;m not to sure one)
miru - watch or see
hodo - more than ( example - boku wa neko konomu hodo inu desu ( if this is wrong plaese correct it)
to use - tsukau
|martingale||Monday 23rd of May 2005 02:27:36 PM|
|. - Taco bell wa nan desu ka??|
|Rion||Saturday 28th of May 2005 08:26:46 PM|
| - Taco bell wa resutoran desu ne? Doushite desu ka?
iku- to go. ikimasu- polite form of the verb 'iku'
1. about; some: Ato juugo-fun HODO de Narita ni tsukimasu = We will be arriving in Narita in ABOUT 15 mins.
2. not as [so]...as (Follows a noun and used with a negative): Kotoshi no natsu wa kyonen HODO atsuku nai = This summer is NOT AS hot AS last year's.
3. the more...the more: Renshuu sureba suru HODO umaku narimasu = THE MORE you practice, THE BETTER you become.
4. so...that: Tsukarete, mou ippo mo arukenai HODO datta = I was SO exhausted THAT I was unable to take even one more step.
5. almost: Sono shirase wo kiite tobiagaru HODO bikkuri shita = On hearing the news, I ALMOST jumped up in surprise
It's probably better to say "Boku wa neko no hou ga inu yori suki desu" = In the direction of cats rather than the direction of dogs I like. 'Konomu' is rarely used. :)
All Material Copyright ©
Phrasebase. All Rights Reserved.