Return to the KURDISH ArchiveForward to the Current KURDISH discuss

BmoSaturday 26th of February 2005 10:46:32 PM
New member - Hello Guys & Girls

I just joined the site to learn a bit more about the Japanese and Chinese language but just discovered that we actually had a Kurdish section.

This is just great, but I became kinda sad to see that we didn't have that many teachers here. And for that reason I will be here to answer any questions about the Kurdish language and especially the Soranî dialect.

I am not at home right now, and will come back in a couple of days, but just ask away. I will try to answer anything as fast as I can. Just give me some time to settle :)
AnyaSaturday 26th of February 2005 10:58:33 PM
- BMO!
I am so excited to hear that you are willing to help and answer students questions.

We've been on a quest to find any source of available materials, but having you to help really makes a much bigger impact.

Please send me an email (anya at phrasebase.com) when you get settled in at home, it would be outstanding if you had interest in helping grow the Kurdish section of Phrasebase.


kieraSunday 27th of February 2005 05:05:22 AM
hi!!!want 2 leran kurdish!! - [quote]Originally posted by Bmo


Hello Guys & Girls

I just joined the site to learn a bit more about the Japanese and Chinese language but just discovered that we actually had a Kurdish section.

This is just great, but I became kinda sad to see that we didn't have that many teachers here. And for that reason I will be here to answer any questions about the Kurdish language and especially the Soranî dialect.

I am not at home right now, and will come back in a couple of days, but just ask away. I will try to answer anything as fast as I can. Just give me some time to settle :)[/quote]



i wanted 2 ask how do say i like u ?


and


i love u in kurdish?
BmoSunday 27th of February 2005 11:54:41 PM
- [quote]Originally posted by Anya


BMO!
I am so excited to hear that you are willing to help and answer students questions.

We've been on a quest to find any source of available materials, but having you to help really makes a much bigger impact.

Please send me an email (anya at phrasebase.com) when you get settled in at home, it would be outstanding if you had interest in helping grow the Kurdish section of Phrasebase.

[/quote]

Thanks alot, i will email you as soon as i get home.

[quote]Originally posted by kiera


[quote]Originally posted by Bmo


Hello Guys & Girls

I just joined the site to learn a bit more about the Japanese and Chinese language but just discovered that we actually had a Kurdish section.

This is just great, but I became kinda sad to see that we didn't have that many teachers here. And for that reason I will be here to answer any questions about the Kurdish language and especially the Soranî dialect.

I am not at home right now, and will come back in a couple of days, but just ask away. I will try to answer anything as fast as I can. Just give me some time to settle :)[/quote]



i wanted 2 ask how do say i like u ?


and


i love u in kurdish?[/quote]

You can say "I like you" in soranî like this (note that the h´ is written in cyrillic):
Min h´ezim le toye.

Min = I
h´ez = Like, the suffix m is a help suffix that is connected to me as a person liking another one. Another example is "Ew h´ezî le toye", here you can see that the suffix is î, which is directly connected to Ew which means He/she.
le = A help word that draws attention to the person being liked.
to = you, the last "ye" adds the meaning of continuity. "I am liking you"

I love you in kurdish (Soranî) is:

Min tom xosh ewęt.

Min = I
to = you, as I explained above, the m is added.
xosh ewęt = love. Note that ewęt is a help verb which can be conjugated depending on the situation. The X is pronounced as KH in english. And also note that i wrote SH which is latin and not cyrillic, sorry about the that :)

From now on all I will be referring to this site to explain the kurdish alphabet.

[url=http://www.omniglot.com/writing/kurdish.htm]http://www.omniglot.com/writing/kurdish.htm[/url]
MahmutTuesday 29th of March 2005 02:06:39 AM
blabla - Hey Bmo...!

I would like to learn kurdish. The type of Kurdish which they talk in Hacilaro and kKelhasan. I dont know if its Sorani but can you teach me that type of Kurdish?